Friday, April 30, 2010

Skit





I played a Pakistani an slave girl who was bought by an American Missionary.
My lines:
"Come in, Come in...sit down. Hi, welcome to Pakistan. My name is Rebina. I work here in the brick kilns...I'm a slave. I have to be quiet so my Muslim master doesn't hear me, if he knew you were here he might get angry and beat me...so stay quiet...ok..."
"I heard you wanted to know about me...well...I come here to the brick kilns when I was 10...my family sold me into slavery because they had a debt that needed to be paid. This kind of thing happens allot in my country. Many people are very poor here. So I work here from sunrise to sunset every day of the week, making bricks. It gets so hot some times. My slave master pays me a very small amount of money. But even if I worked here my whole life I would never have enough money to pay my debt to him. I'm stuck...The only way I could ever be free is if someone paid my debt for me...but that never happens...at least I've never seen it..."
"Shhhhh!! my slave master is coming I can't talk anymore...I'm sorry I have to go!"
"Hey...hey...I have something to tell you! While I was working, my master came to me and said that some people wanted to talk to me. So I went and a man from America named Pastor Steve interviewed me and started asking me questions about my life and what its like to be a slave and after I told him my story he said something to me that I've never heard before. He told me about a man named Jesus who came to set me free...At first I didn't understand but he told me He died for me and for my sin so that In my heart I could be set free. He told me how this Saviour loves me so much and that He wants to be my father, friend and deliverer...I've never known someone who cares about me like this before. So I asked Jesus to come into my heart and be my Lord and Saviour. I'm a Christian now. I've never felt such a peace before."
"This can't be true! This can't be true! I must be dreaming! I'm free! I'm free! I have to tell everyone I'm free! I'm free!
(I enjoyed playing Rebina, even thought it was a stretching process it was worth it.--Angie)

2 comments:

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leti said...

I am amazed at the courage you had to do this, yet I know it was God in you and your obedience to Him that propelled you to this.

To God be the glory!

Love,
Mom